You are here
- SKYPE: Skype
He completed his PhD at Department of Information Engineering and Computer Science, University of Trento, Italy in 2019, working in collaboration with the Technologies of Vision (TeV) group at Fondazione Bruno Kessler (FBK), Trento, Italy. Then he was a postdoctoral researcher in University of Trento, working in strict collaboration with TeV research unit. Since 2021 he is a researcher in Samsung AI Center, Cambridge, UK.
His main focus of research is in the area of deep neural networks for multimedia understanding and description generation.
Previously he worked as a research staff member at Enview R&D Labs, India. He received his Master of Technology (M. Tech.) degree in Signal Processing from Sree Chitra Thirunal College of Engineering (University of Kerala), India in 2013. He completed his Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech.) in Electronics & Communication Engineering from Mar Baselios College of Engineering & Technology (University of Kerala), India in 2011.
- Sudhakaran, Swathikiran; Escalera, Sergio; Lanz, Oswald; LSTA: Long Short-Term Attention for Egocentric Action Recognition; Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR); 2019; pp. 9954-9963
- Sudhakaran, Swathikiran; Escalera, Sergio; Lanz, Oswald; FBK-HUPBA Submission to the EPIC-Kitchens 2019 Action Recognition Challenge; in «CVPR 2019 EPIC Kitchens Challenge»; 2019; pp. 4
- Sudhakaran, Swathikiran; Lanz, Oswald; An Analysis of Deep Neural Networks with Attention for Action Recognition from a Neurophysiological Perspective; in CVPR19 Workshop - Mutual benefits of cognitive and computer vision; 2019
- Sudhakaran, Swathikiran; Lanz, Oswald; Top-down Attention Recurrent VLAD Encoding for Action Recognition in Videos, Springer LNAI Proceedings of AI*IA 2018, 2018, (17th International Conference of the Italian Association for Artificial Intelligence, Trento, Italy, November 20-13, 2018)
- Sudhakaran, Swathikiran; Lanz, Oswald; Attention is All We Need: Nailing Down Object-centric Attention for Egocentric Activity Recognition, Proceedings of the British Machine Vision Conference (BMVC), 2018, (British Machine Vision Conference, Newcastle, UK, September 3-6, 2018)
- Sudhakaran, Swathikiran, and Oswald Lanz. "Convolutional Long Short-Term Memory Networks for Recognizing First Person Interactions." The IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV) Workshops. 2017.
- S. Sudhakaran and O. Lanz, "Learning to detect violent videos using convolutional long short-term memory," 2017 14th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Video and Signal Based Surveillance (AVSS), Lecce, Italy, 2017, pp. 1-6. doi: 10.1109/AVSS.2017.8078468
- Sudhakaran S. and James A. (2016). Low Resolution Sparse Binary Face Patterns. In Proceedings of the 11th Joint Conference on Computer Vision, Imaging and Computer Graphics Theory and Applications - Volume 3: VISAPP, ISBN 978-989-758-175-5, pages 186-191. doi: 10.5220/0005782601860191
- Bakirov, Daniyar; Dorzhigulov, Anuar; Sudhakaran, Swathikiran; James, Alex Pappachen, "Activity detection with dendrite threshold model" ,Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics (ICACCI), 2015 International Conference on , vol., no., pp.2307-2310, 10-13 Aug. 2015 doi: 10.1109/ICACCI.2015.7275962
- Swathikiran Sudhakaran and Alex Pappachen James. "Sparse distributed localized gradient fused features of objects." Pattern Recognition 48.4 (2015): 1534-1542. doi:10.1016/j.patcog.2014.10.002
- Kumar, N.S.; Kumar, D.S.; Sudhakaran, S.; James, A.P., "Ancient indian document analysis using cognitive memory network", Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics (ICACCI), 2014 International Conference on, vol., no., pp.2665-2668, 24-27 Sept. 2014 doi: 10.1109/ICACCI.2014.6968659