You are here
- Phone: 0461314536
- FBK Povo
Michela received her Master Degree in Mathematics from the University of Trento, Italy. She is currently researcher at the Research Unit Technologies of Vision of Fondazione Bruno Kessler of Trento, Italy. Her research interests include automatic object recognition, image retrieval, semantic image labeling, color constancy, color correction, and low-level image processing. From 2014, Michela collaborates with the research Unit IRIS (FBK-CMM) on hardware-oriented computer vision topics.
Michela took part to the program committee of many editions of Applied Computing Machine Symposia, and carries on a reviewing activity for several international conferences. She is a member of the International Association for Pattern Recognition - Associazione Italiana per la ricerca in Computer Vision, Pattern recognition e machine Learning IAPR - CVPL (ex GIRPR) and of the Gruppo Italiano del Colore - Associazione Italiana Colore (GdC-AIC).
FBK Learnintg & Development Courses:
Michela participated to the following FBK training activities:
- Infographics & data visualization (17/04/2018)
- Comunicare FBK (10/11/2017)
- Comunicare la Scienza / Media Writing (14/09/2017)
- August 2018: Michela is a Guest Editor of the Special Issue on J. of Imaging Image Enhancement, Modeling and Visualization. The call for paper is published on the journal website, deadline on August 12, 2018 (EXTENDED!)
- February 2018: Michela was a co-organizer of the Workshop "Mathematics for Computer Vision" (MCV 2018), hosted by FBK - ICT on February 15-16, 2018.
- September 2017: Michela, along with her colleagues at IRIS, participated at the Notte dei Ricercatori and presented some outcomes of the EU Project FORENSOR (Visione Intelligente a Basso Consumo / Ecco la telecamera anti-crimine!).
- March 2017: Michela presented a Tutorial on Retinex theory at the 6th Computational Color Imaging Workshop (Milano, Italy.
- Since December 2016, Michela is a co-author of the Column Communcations and Comments of the Journal "Cultura e Scienza del Colore - Color Culture and Science" of the Gruppo del Colore - Associazione Italiana Colore.
- 2015-2016: Michela led a Research in Pairs with the University of Trento, Department of Mathematics, and the University of Milano, Department of Computer Science. "Research in Pairs" is a program of FBK-CIRM, that promotes the collaboration among different research centers and/or university on topics mainly related to Mathematics. The research in pairs involving Michela focuses on the development of variational models for estimating the human color sensation. The main findings of this research have been published on JOSA A and on IEEE TIP
Michela Lecca,Geometric Distortions of Color Channels for Linear Color Correction Between Images,Technical Report
Abstract - A change of color between two pictures of a same scene captured by different devices and/or under different illuminants, is usually approximated by a full 3x3 linear map between the RGB responses of the images. By assuming this model, we develop a novel efficient color correction algorithm, with linear complexity in the number of image pixels. The main idea underlying our approach is to describe the images to be corrected by nine channels: the red, green, blue color channels provided by the device, plus six other channels encoding both geometric and color information. These additional channels are built up from the color ones by distorting them with 2D functions related to the pixel positions. The color correction is achieved by a linear transform which maps the mean values of the nine channels of first image on the mean values of the nine channels of the second images.,2012
M. Lecca; S. Messelodi,Linking the von Kries Model to Wien's Law for the estimation of an Illuminant Invariant Image,in «PATTERN RECOGNITION LETTERS»,vol. 32,n. 15,2011, pp. 2086 -2086
M. Lecca; S. Messelodi,Von Kries Model Under Planckian Illuminants,Proceedings of ICIAP 2011,Springer,vol.1,2011, pp. 296-305, (International Conference on Image Analysis and Processing,Ravenna, ITALY,from 09/14/2011 to 09/16/2011)
M. Lecca; S. Messelodi,Von Kries Model Under Planckian Illuminants: An Empirical Analysis,This is a technical report, that investigate the relation between two models for describing the variation of the colors due to a photmetric change.
Planckian illuminants and the von Kries diagonal model are commonly assumed by many computer vision algorithms for modeling the color variations between two images of a same scene captured under two different illuminants.
In this work we provide a method to estimate a von Kries transform approximating a Planckian illuminant change and we show that the Planckian assumption constraints the von Kries coefficients to belong to a ruled surface depending on physical cues of the lights. Moreover, we provide an approximated parametric representation of such a surface, making evident the dependence of the von Kries transform on the light color temperature and on the intensity.2011
Michela Lecca,Statistics-based Estimate of Affine Transforms between Images Without Correspondences,Technical Report,2011
Michela Lecca; Stefano Messelodi,Planckian Illuminants and Von Kries Model,Technical Report -
In this work the authors investigate two hypotheses commonly assumed in Computer Vision and Computer Graphics for solvin
In this work the authors investigate the relations between the colors of two pictures of a same scene taken under two different light sources. This is a crucial task in Computer Vision and Computer Graphics.,
The authors show that: (1) the von Kries model suffices for describing the color variation due to a Planckian illuminant change; (2) the Planck's law constraints the triplets of the von Kries coefficients to be points of a ruled surfaces parametrized by the photometric cues of the illuminants; (3) the von Kries coefficients are strongly related to the sensitivity functions of the device.
Several experiments carried out on public image datasets are presented.2010
Michela Lecca; Stefano Messelodi,Computing von Kries Illuminant Changes by Piecewise Inversion of Cumulative Color Histograms,in «ELCVIA. ELECTRONIC LETTERS ON COMPUTER VISION AND IMAGE ANALYSIS»,2009, pp. 1 -17
Michela Lecca,An Attention Module for Object Detection in Cluttered Images,in «ELCVIA. ELECTRONIC LETTERS ON COMPUTER VISION AND IMAGE ANALYSIS»,2009, pp. 68 -83
Michela Lecca; Stefano Messelodi,Illuminant Change Estimation via Minimization of Color Histogram Divergence,Computational Color Imaging Workshop,Springer,vol.5646/2009,n. LNCS 5646,2009, pp. 41-50, (Computational Color Imaging Workshop,Saint-Etienne, France,03/26/2009 - 03/27/2009)
Paola Lecca; Lorenzo Demattè; Michela Lecca; Corrado Priami,Stochastic modelling of diffusion systems. Video image simulation of tubulin diffusion in cytoplasm: a case study,II ECCOMAS Thematic Conference on Computational Vision and Medical Image Processing,2009, (II ECCOMAS Thematic Conference on Computational Vision and Medical Image Processing,Porto, Portugal,14/10/2009 - 16/10/2009)