You are here
- Phone: 0461314536
- FBK Povo
Michela received her Master Degree in Mathematics from the University of Trento, Italy. She is currently researcher at the Research Unit Technologies of Vision of Fondazione Bruno Kessler of Trento, Italy. Her research interests include automatic object recognition, image retrieval, semantic image labeling, color constancy, color correction, and low-level image processing. From 2014, Michela collaborates with the research Unit IRIS (FBK-CMM) on hardware-oriented computer vision topics.
Michela took part to the program committee of many editions of Applied Computing Machine Symposia, and carries on a reviewing activity for several international conferences. She is a member of the International Association for Pattern Recognition - Associazione Italiana per la ricerca in Computer Vision, Pattern recognition e machine Learning IAPR - CVPL (ex GIRPR) and of the Gruppo Italiano del Colore - Associazione Italiana Colore (GdC-AIC).
FBK Learnintg & Development Courses:
Michela participated to the following FBK training activities:
- Infographics & data visualization (17/04/2018)
- Comunicare FBK (10/11/2017)
- Comunicare la Scienza / Media Writing (14/09/2017)
- August 2018: Michela is a Guest Editor of the Special Issue on J. of Imaging Image Enhancement, Modeling and Visualization. The call for paper is published on the journal website, deadline on August 12, 2018 (EXTENDED!)
- February 2018: Michela was a co-organizer of the Workshop "Mathematics for Computer Vision" (MCV 2018), hosted by FBK - ICT on February 15-16, 2018.
- September 2017: Michela, along with her colleagues at IRIS, participated at the Notte dei Ricercatori and presented some outcomes of the EU Project FORENSOR (Visione Intelligente a Basso Consumo / Ecco la telecamera anti-crimine!).
- March 2017: Michela presented a Tutorial on Retinex theory at the 6th Computational Color Imaging Workshop (Milano, Italy.
- Since December 2016, Michela is a co-author of the Column Communcations and Comments of the Journal "Cultura e Scienza del Colore - Color Culture and Science" of the Gruppo del Colore - Associazione Italiana Colore.
- 2015-2016: Michela led a Research in Pairs with the University of Trento, Department of Mathematics, and the University of Milano, Department of Computer Science. "Research in Pairs" is a program of FBK-CIRM, that promotes the collaboration among different research centers and/or university on topics mainly related to Mathematics. The research in pairs involving Michela focuses on the development of variational models for estimating the human color sensation. The main findings of this research have been published on JOSA A and on IEEE TIP
Olumodeji, Olufemi Akindele; Lecca, Michela; Giordani, Dimitri; Gottardi, Massimo,Estimating illuminant chromaticity with a low-power color pixel,2015 XVIII AISEM Annual Conference,2015, pp. 1-4
Lecca, Michela; Gottardi, Massimo; Farella, Elisabetta; Milosevic, Bojan; Bilal, Muhammad,Proc. of XI Colour Conference - Colour and Colorimetry,vol.XI B,2015, pp. 43-54, (XI Conferenza del Colore,Milano - Italia,10-11 Sept. 2015)
Celebi, Emre M.; Lecca, Michela; Smolka, Bogdan (eds.),Celebi, Emre M.; Lecca, Michela; Smolka, Bogdan,2015
Michela Lecca,On the von Kries Model: Estimation, Dependence on Light and Device, and Application,Advances in Low-Level Color Image Processing,Celebi, M. Emre; Smolka, Bogdan,2014, pp. 95 -135
Michela Lecca,Color improves Texture Retrieval,Proc. of X Colour Conference,2014, (X Colour Conference,Genova - Italia,11-12 Sept. 2014)
Michela Lecca ; Leonardo Gasparini ; Massimo Gottardi,Ultra-low power high-dynamic range color pixel embedding RGB to rg chromaticity transformation,Optical Sensing and Detection III,vol.9141,2014, (SPIE Photonics Europe,Brussels - Belgium,14 - 17 April 2014)
P. Lecca; M. Lecca,Mechanistic Models of Astrocytic Glucose Metabolism Calibrated on PET Images,Biomechanics of Cells and Tissues,Dordrecht,Springer,2013, pp. 131 -155
Michela Lecca,Methods for Estimating the von Kries Transform: A Review and A Comparison,Proc. of IX Color Conference,2013, (IX Color Conference,Firenze, Italia,Sept. 19-20, 2013)
Michela Lecca; Mauro Dalla Mura,Intensity and Affine Invariant Statistic-based Image Matching,Computational Modeling of Objects Presented in Images,CRC Press
Taylor & Francis Group,2012, pp. 85-90, (CompImage 2012 - Computational Modeling of Objects Presented in Images: Fundamentals, Methods, and Applications,Rome - Italy,09/05/2012 - 09/07/2012)
Michela Lecca,Histogram-based Estimation of Illuminant Changes: von Kries Model versus Diagonal-Offset Model,Technical Report
A same scene captured under different lights produces two different color images. Such a color variation is usually approximated by the von Kries model, that relates the color responses of the images by a diagonal linear map. In order to describe also image noise, diffuse lights possibly disturbing the scene or lens scattering, an offset term is often added.,
In this work, we compare the diagonal model and the diagonal-offset model in terms of accuracy on color correction and illuminant invariant image retrieval. Our experiments show just slight differences between the performances of the two models, that provide satisfactory results.2012