You are here
- Phone: 0461314536
- FBK Povo
Michela received her Master Degree in Mathematics from the University of Trento, Italy. She is currently researcher at the Research Unit Technologies of Vision of Fondazione Bruno Kessler of Trento, Italy. Her research interests include automatic object recognition, image retrieval, semantic image labeling, color constancy, color correction, and low-level image processing. From 2014, Michela collaborates with the research Unit IRIS (FBK-CMM) on hardware-oriented computer vision topics.
Michela took part to the program committee of many editions of Applied Computing Machine Symposia, and carries on a reviewing activity for several international conferences. She is a member of the International Association for Pattern Recognition - Associazione Italiana per la ricerca in Computer Vision, Pattern recognition e machine Learning IAPR - CVPL (ex GIRPR) and of the Gruppo Italiano del Colore - Associazione Italiana Colore (GdC-AIC).
FBK Learning & Development Courses:
Michela participated to the following FBK training activities:
- Infographics & data visualization (17/04/2018)
- Comunicare FBK (10/11/2017)
- Comunicare la Scienza / Media Writing (14/09/2017)
- January 24, 2019: Michela illustated the cover of the book Theoretical Physics for Biological Systems, now available on market.
- January 07, 2019: a web app of Forensor is avaiable on https://forensor-simulator.fbk.eu
- November-December 2018: Michela collaborates with University of Verona (IT), Dept. of Medicine to develop a software for detecting organoids and computing their volumes over time. A first verison of this tool has been presented at SIAM - IS, in Bologna (IT), June 2018, and at the 32nd Annual North America Cystic Fibrosis Conference, in USA, October 2018.
- August 2018: Michela is a Guest Editor of the Special Issue on J. of Imaging Image Enhancement, Modeling and Visualization. The call for paper is published on the journal website, deadline on August 12, 2018 (EXTENDED!)
- February 2018: Michela was a co-organizer of the Workshop "Mathematics for Computer Vision" (MCV 2018), hosted by FBK - ICT on February 15-16, 2018.
- September 2017: Michela, along with her colleagues at IRIS, participated at the Notte dei Ricercatori and presented some outcomes of the EU Project FORENSOR (Visione Intelligente a Basso Consumo / Ecco la telecamera anti-crimine!).
- March 2017: Michela presented a Tutorial on Retinex theory at the 6th Computational Color Imaging Workshop (Milano, Italy.
- Since December 2016, Michela is a co-author of the Column Communcations and Comments of the Journal "Cultura e Scienza del Colore - Color Culture and Science" of the Gruppo del Colore - Associazione Italiana Colore.
- 2015-2016: Michela led a Research in Pairs with the University of Trento, Department of Mathematics, and the University of Milano, Department of Computer Science. "Research in Pairs" is a program of FBK-CIRM, that promotes the collaboration among different research centers and/or university on topics mainly related to Mathematics. The research in pairs involving Michela focuses on the development of variational models for estimating the human color sensation. The main findings of this research have been published on JOSA A and on IEEE TIP
Bonanomi, Cristian; Balletti, Simone; Lecca, Michela; Anisetti, Marco; Rizzi, Alessandro; Damiani, Ernesto,I3D: a new dataset for testing denoising and demosaicing algorithms,in «MULTIMEDIA TOOLS AND APPLICATIONS»,to be published
Michela, Lecca; Carla Maria Modena, ; Alessandro, Rizzi,Using pixel intensity as a self-regulating threshold for deterministic image sampling in Milano Retinex: the T-Rex algorithm,in «JOURNAL OF ELECTRONIC IMAGING»,vol. 27,n. 1,2018, pp. 1 -12
Lecca, Michela; Simone, Gabriele; Bonanomi, Cristian; Rizzi, Alessandro,in «IET IMAGE PROCESSING»,vol. 12,n. 6,2018, pp. 833 -849
Lecca, Michela; Rizzi, Alessandro; Gianini, Gabriele,in «CULTURA E SCIENZE DEL COLORE / COLOR CULTURE AND SCIENCE»,vol. 9,2018, pp. 55 -64
Lecca, Michela,STAR: A Segmentation-based Approximation of point-based sampling Milano Retinex for Color Image Enhancement,in «IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON IMAGE PROCESSING»,vol. 27,n. 12,2018, pp. 5802 -5812
Gottardi, Massimo; Lecca, Michela,A 64 x 64 Pixel Vision Sensor for Local Binary Pattern Computation,in «IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON CIRCUITS AND SYSTEMS. I, REGULAR PAPERS»,2018, pp. 1 -9
Lecca, P.; Lecca, M.; Caldrer, S.; Rescigno, F.; Farinazzo, A.; Esposito, V.; Rodella, L.; Cerofolini, A.; Lombardo, F.; Catalano, F.; D'Orazio, C,in «PEDIATRIC PULMONOLOGY»,vol. 53,n. S2 - The 32nd Annual North America Cystic Fibrosis Conference, Colorado, Denver, USA, 18-20 October 2018,2018, pp. 220 -220
Gottardi, Massimo; Lecca, Michela,Proceedings of 2018 IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS),2018, (2018 IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS),Florence, Italy,27-30 May 2018)
Lecca, Paola; Lecca, Michela; Caldrer, Sara; Baruzzi, Anna; Melotti, Paola; Sorio, Claudio,CORVO: A software tool for computing volume of complex biological structures in medical images and videos,Book of Abstracts - SIAM I&S,2018, pp. 159-159, (SIAM Conference on Imaging Science,Bologna - Italy,June, 5-8 2018)
Lecca, Michela; Simone, Gabriele; Rizzi, Alessandro,Milano Retinex Paths as Local Minima of an Energy Functional with Tunable Color and Spatial information,Book of Abstracts - SIAM I&S,2018, pp. 177-177, (SIAM Conference on Imaging Science,Bologna - Italy,June, 5-8 2018)