You are here
- Phone: 0461314536
- FBK Povo
Michela received her Master Degree in Mathematics from the University of Trento, Italy. She is currently researcher at the Research Unit Technologies of Vision of Fondazione Bruno Kessler of Trento, Italy. Her research interests include automatic object recognition, image retrieval, semantic image labeling, color constancy, color correction, and low-level image processing. From 2014, Michela collaborates with the research Unit IRIS (FBK-CMM) on hardware-oriented computer vision topics.
Michela took part to the program committee of many editions of Applied Computing Machine Symposia, and carries on a reviewing activity for several international conferences. She is a member of the International Association for Pattern Recognition - Associazione Italiana per la ricerca in Computer Vision, Pattern recognition e machine Learning IAPR - CVPL (ex GIRPR) and of the Gruppo Italiano del Colore - Associazione Italiana Colore (GdC-AIC).
FBK Learning & Development Courses:
Michela participated to the following FBK training activities:
- Infographics & data visualization (17/04/2018)
- Comunicare FBK (10/11/2017)
- Comunicare la Scienza / Media Writing (14/09/2017)
- September 2019: Michela is Publication Chair of the Int. Conference on image Analysis and Processing (ICIAP 2019, Trento, IT, 9-13 Sept. 2019)
- April 2019: New datasets for image enhancements are online! Have a look here !
- April 2019: an executable of the spatial color algorithm GREAT has been published on the TeV web pages along with several data for evaluating image enhancers - See Image Enhancement Datasets and Software
- January 24, 2019: Michela illustated the cover of the book Theoretical Physics for Biological Systems, now available on market.
- January 07, 2019: a web app of Forensor is avaiable on https://forensor-simulator.fbk.eu
- November 2018-May 2019: Michela collaborates with University of Verona (IT), Dept. of Medicine to develop a software for detecting organoids and computing their volumes over time. A first verison of this tool has been presented at SIAM - IS, in Bologna (IT), June 2018, and at the 32nd Annual North America Cystic Fibrosis Conference, in USA, October 2018.
- August 2018: Michela is a Guest Editor of the Special Issue on J. of Imaging Image Enhancement, Modeling and Visualization. The call for paper is published on the journal website, deadline on August 12, 2018 (EXTENDED!)
- February 2018: Michela was a co-organizer of the Workshop "Mathematics for Computer Vision" (MCV 2018), hosted by FBK - ICT on February 15-16, 2018.
- September 2017: Michela, along with her colleagues at IRIS, participated at the Notte dei Ricercatori and presented some outcomes of the EU Project FORENSOR (Visione Intelligente a Basso Consumo / Ecco la telecamera anti-crimine!).
- March 2017: Michela presented a Tutorial on Retinex theory at the 6th Computational Color Imaging Workshop (Milano, Italy.
- Since December 2016, Michela is a co-author of the Column Communcations and Comments of the Journal "Cultura e Scienza del Colore - Color Culture and Science" of the Gruppo del Colore - Associazione Italiana Colore.
- 2015-2016: Michela led a Research in Pairs with the University of Trento, Department of Mathematics, and the University of Milano, Department of Computer Science. "Research in Pairs" is a program of FBK-CIRM, that promotes the collaboration among different research centers and/or university on topics mainly related to Mathematics. The research in pairs involving Michela focuses on the development of variational models for estimating the human color sensation. The main findings of this research have been published on JOSA A and on IEEE TIP
Bonanomi, Cristian; Balletti, Simone; Lecca, Michela; Anisetti, Marco; Rizzi, Alessandro; Damiani, Ernesto,I3D: a new dataset for testing denoising and demosaicing algorithms,in «MULTIMEDIA TOOLS AND APPLICATIONS»,to be published
Gottardi, Massimo; Lecca, Michela,in «IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON CIRCUITS AND SYSTEMS. I, REGULAR PAPERS»,vol. 66,n. 5,2019, pp. 1831 -1839
Lecca, Michela; Messelodi, Stefano,in «JOURNAL OF THE OPTICAL SOCIETY OF AMERICA. A, OPTICS, IMAGE SCIENCE, AND VISION»,vol. 36,n. 8,2019, pp. 1423 -1432
Lecca, Michela; Torresani, Alessandro; Remondino, Fabio,Proceedings of International Conference on Image Analysis and Processing (ICIAP),Springer,vol.11752,n. Part II,2019, pp. 82-92, (ICIAP 2019,Trento, Italy,9-13 Sept. 2019)
Lecca, Michela,International Conference on Image Analysis and Processing (ICIAP),Springer,vol.LNCS11752,2019, pp. 93-103, (ICIAP 2019,Trento, Italy,9-13 Sept. 2019)
Plutino, Alice; Lecca, Michela; Rizzi, Alessandro,International Conference on Image Analysis and Processing – ICIAP 2019,Springer,vol.11808,2019, pp. 159-169, (First International Workshop on Pattern Recognition for Cultural Heritage (PatRECH 2019),Trento, Italy,9 Sept. 2019)
Rizzi, Alessandro; Plutino, Alice; Lecca, Michela,Designing a cockpit for image quality evaluation - Talk at
Transactions: Imaging/Art/Science - Image Quality, Content and Aesthetics Conference at Centre for Research and Education in Arts and Media, Westminster, UK,2019
Zou, Yu; Gottardi, Massimo; Lecca, Michela; Perenzoni, Matteo,Demo: Always-On VGA Vision Sensor with Pixel-Wise Double-Threshold Background Rejection for Event-Detection, presented at
ACM/IEEE International Symposium on Low Power Electronics and Design (ISLPED), July 29-31, 2019 @ EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland,2019
Michela, Lecca; Carla Maria Modena, ; Alessandro, Rizzi,Using pixel intensity as a self-regulating threshold for deterministic image sampling in Milano Retinex: the T-Rex algorithm,in «JOURNAL OF ELECTRONIC IMAGING»,vol. 27,n. 1,2018, pp. 1 -12
Lecca, Michela; Simone, Gabriele; Bonanomi, Cristian; Rizzi, Alessandro,in «IET IMAGE PROCESSING»,vol. 12,n. 6,2018, pp. 833 -849